Being dependent upon bringing new products into the market is reflected in the consequent need to be continually innovative as a business and an organization. However, the necessary innovation does not come easily, particularly when the people working with innovation tend to either look only at product possibilities and not market demand or not bring products to the market quickly enough as innovation becomes inefficient. The company has, of course, instituted several initiatives in order to address these issues, but the company persistently fails to be efficient and meet customers’ needs in its innovation process.
SPECIFIC ISSUES AND KNOWLEDGE NEEDED TO MAKE DECISIONS
- Models for innovation beyond the standard stage-gate process
- How to meet market demand rather than creating ”nice” features?
- How do we create a more innovative culture?
- Is it possible to speed up the innovation process?
- Partnering within the innovation process as a potential solution
- Partnering in the innovation process as a solution