Partly as a consequence of the current supply chain issue, that has challenged the company’s ability to deliver and to keep an updated insight into company operation performance, a more profound integration between sales and production/operations has become evident.
This is no simple task as information on inventory, sales performance, forecast, production costs, etc. need to be updated and managed. This current need to update information calls for a more sophisticated IT integration. So, both getting the organizational transformation that enables this continuous information handling and getting an IT system that ensures this handling as well as having a staff that has the competence and understanding of making this transition is what this advisory setting is focused on.
SPECIFIC ISSUES AND KNOWLEDGE NEEDED TO MAKE DECISIONS
- Mapping all processes involved in the S&OP transition
- Mapping the necessary competencies for the transition
- Can we use the existing ERP/IT system or is a new setup required?
- What are the steps going forward with an S&OP project?
- How much should/could we involve customers and suppliers in the S&OP project?