Increasing demand on being more efficient in meeting the market and the existing development of market demand, new ways introducing and trading company products and services are called for. One such way may be through the more creative use of e-business and more thorough integration with customers and suppliers. This includes an evaluation of social media as part of a go-to-market strategy.
SPECIFIC ISSUES AND KNOWLEDGE NEEDED TO MAKE DECISIONS
- Is there an obvious gain to the market in redefining product and service handling?
- What are the risks of channel conflict and how may this be addressed?
- Who owns the trading platform and why?
- Does this go-to-market strategy influence our strategic position – if so what are the gains and what are the drawbacks?
- The use of collective e-business seems a natural way forward – are there any other possibilities, as not all products or services are well designed for e-business?
- How do we use social media in this change of strategy?
- What will the impact on our existing organization be?