In recent years different industries have experienced some cataclysmic changes with newcomers completely altering how the market is being addressed and the role of the stakeholders in the industry. There are more and more examples of this “disruptive” behavior – just to mention a few (in)famous examples: Airbnb on hotels and accommodations, Netflix on video-renting, and Uber on taxi service.
To further this issue of unexpected or sudden radical market changes is the fact that it is more and more common and that the markets are all focusing on this to happen.
The question is if your industry can expect a similar disruptive move, how you may anticipate this move, and not least if you can make the new disruptive innovation yourself.
If you are already experiencing major changes in market behavior this may also be an option to understand these changes and how to address them.
SPECIFIC ISSUES AND KNOWLEDGE NEEDED TO MAKE DECISIONS
- How to prepare for a disruptive attack on the industry that your company is a part of.
- Are there any signs that reveal that a disruptive move is in progress, or can be expected?
- Which industries are the most obvious for the next major disruptive move?
- Once there is a complete alteration because of disruptive or radical market changes, how can this be exploited to your advantage?
- Is it even possible to create your own move? And if so, how can it be done?