Even if there is a large or medium level of demand for our company’s products, there is now a challenge of getting supplies for the production. Hence, a large back-order bubble is now the case both in our demand for supplies as well as our customers’ demand for our products. There are two major challenges connected with this shortage in supply chain delivery:
- The largest and most important customers are now looking elsewhere to get supplies, which may severely jeopardize our business relation
- Our normal processes on delivery from suppliers have been disrupted and so prices and supplies are constantly changing
How to address this uncertainty in both production and existing customer relationship also how to prepare for a potential new setting in the supply chain once things get back to normal are key elements of this workshop.
SPECIFIC ISSUES AND KNOWLEDGE NEEDED TO MAKE DECISIONS
- Is there a “best” way to handle these fluctuations on supply – both in prices and amount?
- How do we keep our good relationship with our customers?
- What can be done to maintain work processes to an acceptable level, with a somewhat constant flow?
- What impact can be expected on our supply chain in the future – and how do we prepare for this?
- How do we become more agile also for the future?