After a merger or an acquisition, there is the (often tedious) process of integrating the organizations involved, their different cultures and work processes, and bringing one unified company out on the other side of this integration that works efficiently towards a common agreed mission. Also, bringing companies together has been made with a plan of exploiting synergies. Doing this in the aftermaths of a merger is a part of the focus of this workshop. Hence, joining this workshop will give some experienced insights on how to best navigate a post-merger integration.
SPECIFIC ISSUES AND KNOWLEDGE NEEDED TO MAKE DECISIONS
- Do you accept two cultures – or should you aim for one common culture?
- Handling the issue of accepted management – placing managers from the different companies in charge of the new company
- Exploiting the planned synergies
- Defining the new company (perhaps) based on the “old” ones
- What are the obvious trouble indicators?