Normally there are a few well-known ways of addressing a mature market such as cost-leadership, a brand strategy, M&A, and R&D. However, in many cases, these known strategies do not suffice to meet the market development, so how does one address a mature market immune to “normal” behavior if you wish to grow your company?
SPECIFIC ISSUES AND KNOWLEDGE NEEDED TO MAKE DECISIONS
- How do competitive strategies change as industries mature?
- How do companies compete in mature markets?
- Which competitive strategies are effective if you look beyond pricing and product development?
- Which factors may inhibit you from implementing a strategy that does not have cost as the primary focus?
- Is it more advantageous to have a production-oriented or customer-oriented strategy?
- What factors should be given attention when understanding the company’s position in the mature market, and how to improve this position?
- How can one foresee which moves would be successful – for example, the airline industry move from high-end and service to cost-efficient and low service?