The company is in a situation where the market is either new (new brand-name, new geographic or product market), is fragmented, or its products are perceived as generic? How does the company position itself when some or more of these characteristics describe the market situation? A concurrent issue is that the market is business-to-business, making “normal” brand awareness strategies more difficult.
SPECIFIC ISSUES AND KNOWLEDGE NEEDED TO MAKE DECISIONS
- What are the core strengths of this particular company and why have they not leveraged the brand equity as desired?
- What are the primary challenges that are faced?
- Which market factors act as barriers to brand success?
- Which market factors can be used to the company’s benefit
- How did the brand leaders of the industry attain brand success?
- Which are the primary differences between the company’s brand and the brand leaders?
- Which key steps must be taken to start building your corporate brand equity?